03 April 2010

Recipes: Asparagus, Chicken Bake Samm

Recipe for Chicken Bake Samm:

  • chicken
  • chicken broth
  • mushrooms
  • onion
Place chicken in oven safe dish. Pour enough broth over to have half inch in the bottom of dish. Broil chicken on each side for 3-5 minutes, or until golden. Remove chicken and add mushrooms, onions and enough broth to maintain the half  inch in the bottom of the dish. Cook until done.

This is a basic recipe and easy to adapt to quantity of chicken and type (breast, thighs, boneless, etc.) We like boneless thighs in this house and they are quick to cook. I also use canned mushrooms and dried onions. That means all I have to purchase is the chicken and then I can raid the pantry for the rest of the ingredients. I recommend keeping this recipe in mind for quick, delicious meals.

Recipe for Roast Asparagus:
  • Asparagus
  • 1 tbsp Honey
  • 2 tbsp Italian Dressing
  • 1 clove Minced Garlic
Line a baking sheet with foil, place asparagus on top. In a bowl mix honey, garlic and italian dressing, pour over asparagus. Bake for 15 minutes or until tender. I cook mine a little less because I like it crisp.

No comments: