13 April 2010

I would like some yard greens

I have not posted much about dinners recently. It is not because we have not been having them, but simply a time constraint. My resolve to keep the house cleaner coupled with the fact that I have been working outside of the home a little more have zapped my time. That and a teething baby and an active toddler do drain me most days. Saturday evening we ended up having pizza instead of Chicken in Citrus Sauce because the baby was running a fever and I had to hold her constantly. Last night I ended up staying at the office and Joshua came home with the girls. Needless to say he did not follow my meal plan but instead fed the toddler hot dogs and he ate an awful frozen meal his parents left. So tonight I cooked the chicken. It was going to go bad otherwise. I loved it. Audrey would not touch anything and Joshua said he does not like chicken with the bone in. Also, I am not to feed him mixed salad greens and expect him to eat them. He wants iceberg lettuce or spinach. I went to a cooking class tonight and left Joshua to put the baby to sleep and get the toddler to eat her chicken. I came home to find her plate untouched. When I mentioned this to Joshua he said she offered to eat pie. We did not have any pie so she went to bed with no dinner. I had even provided pears for her salad and mandarin oranges as a side. This family is picky.

1 comment:

Sarah D said...

Ahaha. It's like our husbands are twins separated at birth. No chicken with the bone in, indeed.