06 April 2010

Gobble, gobble

So we had a major Kansas storm tonight which took out the power and my dinner plans along with it. Audrey begged for a peanut butter sandwich all evening and when the power went out she got one. I did go ahead and cook the Chicken Parm and noodles and pack them for a lunch for Joshua. On the bright side, I am making homemade turkey broth and freezing it in ice cube trays. I had a turkey I cooked last week and my in-laws cooked another one for Easter so I have a lot of bones. That means Turkey Barley Soup will have to be on the menu for next week. Maybe we will make it a nice starter instead of a full meal in hopes that Audrey will still eat something. She used to love soup but lately she will not even try it. Any other recipe ideas for left over turkey meat and broth?

No comments: