08 April 2010

Over the mid-week hump

Several good dinners in a row. This week has been much easier to follow as there are no holidays or dinners with relatives to contend with. Cooking with Audrey has gone better this week as well.
I was trying to find photos of dinners and came up short. On looking over my menu I realized why: Monday, leftovers; Tuesday, thunderstorm; Wednesday, Nachos (see above); Thursday, in progress. The other picture is of lunch. Audrey and I had a great time making turkey wraps. Check out her blog for the recipe and photos of her helping make them. Tomorrow night's meal is one we have had recently, Tuna Hot Dish, but since we are going for the Pantry Challenge I need to clear out a few cans of tuna. 
As soon as we get a little more space in the pantry I am going to work on just keeping staples for our favorite 28 meals. As this will include perishable items I don't see this being a large quantity of stuff. If you scroll down the right-hand side of my blog you will see I have already begun this list. Items will be added after both adults in the household deem them worthy of repeating. After 28 main courses are picked out I will work to combine these with side dishes to make complete, nutritious (read: vegetables and fruit) meals. I have a feeling that most of these meals are going to be casserole, crock pot, or one dish skillet meals as I am not all that fond of cooking. I welcome feedback and recipes to help me along this journey. Hope your dinner is tasty!

No comments: