05 April 2010

April 5-11

I am sitting at my table finishing my meal plan for the week and a beautiful spring breeze is blowing through the open window. That is a good sign. With spring comes the Downtown Farmer's Market and this year a half share of a local farm. Even though those local goods are not here yet I am excited just thinking about them. So I must make room in the freezer and pantry so I have a place to store all of the good food yet to come.
Here is the menu for this week:
Monday

Tuesday
  • Breakfast - cereal
  • Lunch - quesadillas
  • Dinner - Chicken Parmesan, broccoli
  • Snack - fruit & cheese
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
  • Breakfast - pink pancakes (left overs from last batch)
  • Lunch - mini cheese pizzas
  • Dinner - Tuna Hot Dish, peas
  • Snack - Smoothie
Saturday
Sunday
As an addition I volunteered to deliver meals to two families with new babies this week so I will make a turkey cheese quiche for each. I have turkey from Easter dinner and a lot of eggs. These are also easy meals to transport. My shopping list looks like this:
  • cinnamon
  • carrots
  • cheese
  • chicken thighs
  • orange
  • English muffins
  • egg noodles
  • cottage cheese
  • ranch dressing
  • pie crusts
  • tortilla chips
  • avocados
  • lime
  • puff pastry
  • feta cheese
  • salad mix
  • milk 
Even with so many items to purchase I am still using up stuff from the pantry and freezer. Most of our side dish veggies come from the freezer at this point. Can't wait for fresh, local veggies. 

No comments: