09 March 2008

mommy brain

i went shopping today to get a slow release food for the fish and new bras for me. my little angel went with and i had her in the front sling. everyone kept stopping me to look at her and marvel at the way she was being carried. it was like they had never seen a mother strap a baby to her chest and go about regular chores. it did end up a fiasco when i misplaced my purse and had to go retrieve it from customer service. i explained to the nice man behind the counter that i used to be smart and be able to remember things but then i had a child and now i have mommy brain. he smiled politely at me and said he understood. maybe it happens often in his store. some woman sets her purse down to look for a coupon for diapers because she is traveling and can not use the cloth ones on the road. she is thinking about all of these things and trying to decide which diapers would work best for her baby and then she calmly leaves her purse on the shelf. i bet the mother who found my purse and turned it in understood, i bet she has done the same. that is what i think anyway.

No comments: