07 March 2008

let sleeping dogs lie

i am still new at the parenting thing. this is evident in my daily life when i do silly things like try to put an active baby to sleep by simply laying her in her crib. or, my best one yet, waking up because my child is talking to herself in her crib in the morning and going in to pick her up. she is happy and not making any sort of fuss yet i feel the need to rush in to see if she needs to eat. she was a perfect angel last night and so i was worried when she did not wake me up four times before 6am. rather she stayed in bed, happy until 6am. i need to have my head examined, or maybe just a few extra hours of sleep. i finally put her back in the crib to watch the mobile and she is happy. maybe next time she does this i will simply stay in bed until she cries for me.

No comments: