05 January 2013

Flow Found, Running in Snow

I am reading an amazing book called The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer. In it there is an idea the authors call flow in which the runner is really into the run. There is much more to it but you need to read the book to get more. I had no idea I would find so much information in a book about running. You put on your shoes and make sure your Garmin is charged, what more is there?

While I am only 54% done with the book according to my Kindle I feel like I know so much more than I ever thought there was to learn about training. Yes, there is more than shoes and a GPS watch.

Read and let me know what you think. I just wish there was more about nutrition as that is one area I am still working hard to learn more. My friend and running buddy, Libby, is helping. She blogged about our fabulous flow run on her blog. It was so interesting that she had such a similar feeling about a run. I can still hear the crunch of snow under our feet.

Tonight I am heading to something call a FatAss Run. It is for working off those holiday calories with others. Should be fun! Hope my newish Salomon SpeedCross 3s don't get too muddy!

No comments: