02 October 2010

What's in Your Freezer?

We have a chest style deep freeze. After a while of picking up deals when I saw them and not really remembering what I had on hand, the freezer got a little full. My friend Jenn is trying to help me save more money on groceries and her first step is always to see what you have on hand. That was hard for me because the deep freeze is in a little nook under the stairs with very little light. I always thought if I knew what was in the freezer then I could plan my meals easier. Then when I needed an item I would know it was there because I had a list. Now I just needed time to take the inventory...

Enter one Friday evening with the girls in bed, Joshua in Wichita, and me in the basement. I watched a movie but was still not tired. After looking over a pile of coupons waiting to be cut out I remembered Jenn saying that it was better to meal plan at first. So that is what I shall do.

  • 5 small bags chicken
  • whole chicken
  • split chicken breast
  • leg quarters
  • breakfast sausage
  • 3 packages hot dogs
  • 1/2 bag scallops
  • 4 1/2 bags chicken broth cubes
  • 4 bags shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2 bags shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 bag shredded Mexican cheese
  • 1/2 bag pierogies
  • 2 small containers tortilla soup
  • 1 large container chicken soup
  • 4 bananas
  • almond flour
  • sugar
  • 2 loaves bread
  • 2 loaves sourdough bread
  • French loaf bread
  • pita pockets
  • whip cream
  • heavy cream
  • 2 small containers strawberry jam
  • okra
  • California vegetables
  • 4 bags broccoli
  • cauliflower broccoli
  • 2 bags spinach
  • 2 bags corn
  • carrots
  • 4 bags peas
  • green peppers
  • 3 bags stir fry vegetables
  • green beans
  • 2 containers juice
  • 2 mystery containers
It looks like we are having a lot of chicken. Share your favorite chicken recipe with me, would you?

No comments: