07 June 2008

saturday in the park

this trip has been great. my sister helps out a great deal with the baby, the cousins love to keep her entertained when we are on the road, and little miss is sleeping well now that she is used to her travel bed. we have spent so much time away from home she is starting to think that is her bed. i take it with me where ever we go and now i can put her down for a nap when she is tired rather than waiting until we get home. we all went to the pool today and every one had a good time except audrey. she screamed when we got in the pool so i moved to the toddler area and sat her at the edge. she screamed there as well. she finally learned to tolerate the water but not before i got beaned in the head with a water gun. a group of rowdy boys threw the toy in the air so high that when it hit me i was stunned for a moment. i had no idea what happened and it was all i could do not to drop the baby. my sister got in the pool and disiplined the boys because there was not a parent to be seen. after i recovered they started playing right in front of me and splashed water in the baby's face. i lost it then and told them to go to another area of the pool and stay out of my sight. i have a nice little knot on my forehead now from my relaxing day at the pool. war wounds from a saturday outing with the family.

No comments: