31 July 2006

new fashion, teeth removal

i got four teeth removed today. now i have room to move other teeth around. joshua took me out for a last meal at lunch and then drove me around. i had to go to the orthodontist to get my wire removed, have the teeth extracted, then go back to get the wire put back in. they gave me hydrocodone, and a lot of it so i am expecting a little pain when the drugs wear off. i could not feel my face and kept drooling for the first hour. it would not be so bad had i not still been bleeding. finally i just got a towel and let myself drool. i have to keep gauze in the empty spots and that makes me look like a walrus.
last week of school! we celebrate by going to defcon.

3 comments:

georgeious said...

holy mother that shit sounds like a living hell. i got five teeth out at once way back when (all wisdoms and a decrepit molar) and they gave me enough percocet to start my own mafia. i kept yelling for it when nick took me to the walgreens afterwards. "hrrrkkkodaahhhhh!!!"

he was less than amused but towed me arounf until i passed out. what a great brother, huh?

pre-soaked tea bags are a good sub if you need a break from all that cotton in your mouth for a bit.

derek said...

the funny part was that as george was screaming "percocet!" through wads of cotton, there was a 6" wheelchair ramp that she couldn't walk up. she just kept taking runs at it, but couldn't quite make it. nick had to stand behind her and hold her up bodily otherwise she would have rolled right down that ramp and into a display of diapers.

In The Kitchen With AUdrey said...

thankfully joshua left me at home for the trip for meds. i could not feel my face and kept playing with my lips and nose. that and the drooling blood were enough for him to drop me off and THEN go in public.